FIBROMYALGIA , AND HOW PROLO CAN HELP!
Fibromyalgia is a disabling condition characterized by chronic, widespread pain,fatigue,irritable bowel syndrome and psychological problems.There is no known cure for Fibromyalgia but there are many treatment options to manage it. Prolotherapy being one of the options that doesn’t have horrible side-effects or long term health risks.
There are several theories about the causes of Fibromyalgia.
Some of the possible causes include hormonal disturbances ,previous injury,trauma, infection, stress and genetic influences with no clear consensus about the exact cause.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms, or tightness
- Fatigue, reduced energy levels and insomnia.
- Stiffness in the morning or after periods in sedentary positions.
- Memory and concentration problems together with an inability to perform simple mental tasks.
- Gastrointestinal and bladder disturbances
- Tension , migraine headaches, jaw and facial tenderness.
- Sensitivity to smells, noise, bright lights, medications, certain foods, and cold.
- Anxiety or depression.
- Tingling or numbness in the face, arms, hands, legs, or feet
- Sensation of swelling (without actual swelling) in the hands and feet.
PROLO AND FIBROMYALGIA
Research shows increased rates of Fibromyalgia in people with neck injuries and whiplash injuries.This suggests that a large portion of patients with Fibromyalgia have neck instability as a source of the problem.That means that Prolo is the best solution in these cases.
Prolotherapy is an injection technique that stimulates a mild inflammatory response in the injured area to promote natural healing and repair in these damaged tissue.Fibromyalgia that results from whiplash is likely to have a great response to prolotherapy treatment.
To read amazing research on Prolotherapy success with cervical instability click here.