What is biopuncture?
Biopuncture describes any therapeutic measure that uses biotherapeutics for injection in a specific area of the body.
Biotherapeutics are medical products that don’t supress neuro-immunological reactions or interfere with the body’s natural defence system. These remedies are used in micro doses to avoid harmful side-effects, and are used to regulate natural healing.
Biopuncture is used as an alternative to cortisone injections, where mainstream medicine has failed, or when mainstream medication shows too many side effects. It is often used to compliment conventional medical practices.
Injecting target tissue, rather than taking oral remedies, allows the patient’s body to heal where it’s really needed and will provide more immediate and effective results.
Table 1: BIOTHERAPEUTICS (Incl. botanical compounds, vitamins, minerals and antihomotoxic)
|Spascupreel||Acute muscle spasm|
|Traumeel||Post traumatic pain|
Conditions Treated with Biopuncture:
- Neck/back pain
- Muscular injury (e.g.: tennis elbow, golfers elbow, muscular strains)
- Ligament Injury (e.g. sprained ankle)
- Chronic Pain:
- Migraine, tension headache, cluster headache
- Frozen Shoulder
Conditions that may decrease biopunctures efficacy include:
- Depressed immune system
- Hormonal dysfunction
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- High doses of prostaglandin-inhibitors
Patients usually receive injections weekly over 5-10 sessions until healing has occurred. In acute cases (sports injury or recent inflammation) patients may be seen 2-3x per week. As the patient’s condition heals their treatments will be decreased to 2/4 or 6 week intervals.
What to expect after needling:
Following needling there will be signs of ‘true healing’ as the injection interacts with the body. These include:
- Local effects:
- redness and swelling at the injection site for a few days following treatment
- inflammation as the injection restarts a previously suppressed healing process
- muscle stiffness due to changes in that muscles capacity following injections
- General effects:
- fatigue for a few hours-days as your energy resources are directed to